Saturday, April 18, 2009

Inside Joke

I recently went with my brother (J), my friend (M), and her brother (B) to Seattle, WA. While we were there B decided to name himself Nobody, and then we all decided that M would henceforth be dubbed Everybody. And of course, we had to finish what we started, so J became Anybody and I became Somebody.

That's the end of my inside joke.

It's actually really amusing, because someone, quite unaware of our game, will say something like 'Everybody's afraid of the dark!' and M will reply 'No I'm not!'. Or someone will say 'Somebody hates pickles', to which I would declare that I did too like them.

It's actually not the end of the joke because we gave another of my friends (T) the name Who, which made me sad since I wanted to give her another -body name (there aren't any more so I wanted to do a play on words using the word body). But, alas, B would always reply to my suggestion with 'There are no more bodies! I buried them all!'

OK, now the joke is over.

4 comments:

Hannah Jane said...

Haha! Brilliance!! Now I get why, when I refered to myself as nobody, "B" tried to correct me...I still am btw ;)

Buggie said...

have you ever seen "Who's On First"?? Sounds like a modern rendition of the old classic. I love it. You should put on your own play!

Annie Faye said...

By the way, B tells me that he dubbed himself Nobody years ago, not during the trip.

Annie Faye said...

That would definitely be amusing, but I'm not sure that everyone (not to be confused with Everybody)else would go for that. Of course, it can't hurt for me to at least tell them the idea.