Thursday, April 23, 2009

Evolution, Creationism, and Intelligent Design

Last Sunday the pastor started a sermon series on the evidence of Christianity.
The first sermon was on evolution.
Sunday night I went to a friend's youth group and saw a poster advertising a lecture (actually more of a FAQ or Q and A session) by Michael Behe, author of Darwin's Black Box.
It was on evolution, creationism, and intelligent design.
I think that was definitely God's timing.

So, anyways, Behe is doing a lecture tonight in the university of a neighboring town and another one tomorrow night in the university in my town.
Sadly I can't go to either one because the community play I'm in keeps me busy in the evenings, which is why I was ecstatic when I heard there was another one early this afternoon.
I went, and I thought it was really interesting just hearing what he had to say.

I've put Darwin's Black Box on my list of books to read, because I'd like to hear what else he has to say. The QA session was only an hour long, so he was only able to answer about four questions.

2 comments:

Owl said...

I would HIGHLY recommend reading The Language of God by Francis Collins. He addresses a broader range of issues than Behe and points out a few flaws in his theories. Plus, as the director of the Human Genome Project, he is extremely well-versed in the science behind the origins of the universe. It's a respectable book (and I say this both as a Christian and a scientist).

Also, I see that you were/are homeschooled. I was as well. High five!

Annie Faye said...

Thanks, I'll definitely look into it. It'll probably go onto my long term list of books (same one Behe's is on).