Thursday, February 3, 2011

Poetry

Beauty is the color of grass after rain,
A kitten's soft fur on your face.
It's the smell of Spearmint gum,
The rhythm of making lace.


'Beauty's in the eye of the beholder'
People often remark;
But it's more than the eye, it's the mind,
For there's beauty even in dark.


We like to take life for granted,
And begin to complain at our ease.
Without ever realizing,
That we're ingrates for it to not please.


(dedicated to Zion Soles)
We tend to get bogged down by troubles
Which, if they were thrown in a heap
With all those of others around us,
We'd be only too eager to keep.


Why, when we have a trial,
Do we try to get through it alone,
When we've found out before that we can't;
We must lean on our Christ, Cornerstone?



I wrote this 7 months ago ...was so proud of it lol, had thought it quite good. Then I stashed it away and just rediscovered it. It's mediocre, but I enjoyed writing it; next time I dabble with poetry maybe it will be slightly better.

1 comment:

Zion Soles said...

Annie dear! I didn't know you had a blog here. I love your poems. <3