Saturday, February 7, 2009

Once apon a morni- No wait, I mean midnight

Once upon a time, when my big sister was about twelve, she woke up in the middle of the night and thought to herself 'Oh, it's morning, I should go take a shower' and she did just that. The End


-My personalized version-

At 1:00 am Saturday morning my alarm rang and I shut it off without looking at it, knowing that it was 6:00 (I'm still wondering why I got up at what I thought was that time anyways, I was planning on get up around 8:00 since it was Saturday) I pulled on some clothes, went downstairs, used the restroom, washed my face, went into the kitchen....and then I saw the time. I mentally slapped myself then went back upstairs, got back into my pajamas and went to bed.

I have evidence that it was just a dream: I looked at my phone the next day (which doesn't have service so I just use it as an alarm clock) and it had alarms set for every half hour from 6 am to 5:30 pm but none at 1 am.

I also have evidence that it wasn't a dream: First, I could easily have dreamed I heard my alarm and then gotten up for real.
Second, when I woke up this morning my jeans were half draped on the bed under my covers (and I know they weren't like that when I went to bed last night).


I'm sure you want to know why a have alarms set for every half-hour on a service-less cellphone, the reason is this: since I didn't have a school bell that rings at the end of each class I decided to make my own, and phones are pocketable and you can set more than two alarms at once on it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, Annie. I hadn't heard this one... You didn't think to even galnce at your clock?? I thought that you were going to write something about the ER.

Annie Faye said...

I didn't look at my clock because I heard it ring (I thought), and the only alarm I had set was at 6:30.

I still may post about the ER and the follow-ups, actually, I'm sure I will, because I've got a bunch of pictures of it and I can't post the pictures if I don't tell the story.

I haven't posted about it yet because I didn't feel like sitting in the laundry room on the hard stool for as long as it would take to create the post, and the only other choice besides doing that was to do it at night on the main computer while everyone else watched a movie.

But now that we have the laptop I don't have either of those complaints.