Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Part time? Really??

I've been working as a cna for about three weeks. It only took a few days for me to start picking up shifts when extra help was needed.
I'm supposed to be working part time, but I started out scheduled for three shifts this week (24 hours) and was asked to work two more (which puts me at 40 hours).
Today was the first of my scheduled shifts this week, and when it came time to leave, nobody showed up for thirty minutes. So I stuck around.
Now it's after 1am. The guy who is always on time still hasn't showed up or called. Yes, I stayed. Because I was available. And someone needed to. ...and maybe I'm a pushover.
Anyways, this shift would put me at 48 hours, so I'll probably be made to give up one of the other shifts.

On top of this, we are painting our house for Christmas. I usually help with paint related stuff from the time I get going in the morning right up until I have to leave for work. Methinks I shan't be so useful tomorrow. I will have worked 16 hours, then after another 16 hours off I'll work another 8 (or more. Ha.)

No comments: